Fees and Surcharges for Changes or Cancellations to your booking
The following fee information applies to most Queensland Rail Travel fare types. Please note that some special fares will have specific fee conditions advertised that apply to them changes or cancellations.
- Changes can be made at any time before the scheduled departure date and time shown on the ticket.
- A fee of $15 per adult fare applies for rebooking.
- Cancellations must be advised prior to the scheduled departure date and time shown on the ticket with the following fees applying.
- Economy Seats/Sleepers and Premium Economy Seats: $25 fee per adult one way.
- Business Seats, RailBeds and First class Sleepers: $50 fee per adult one way.
- No refund will be provided if the booking is not cancelled prior to the departure date and time shown on ticket.
Administration Fees (Queensland Pension Rail Travel Entitlements)
A non-refundable administration fee of $25 applies for the use of each entitlement.
More information on fees can be viewed on the
fare type pages.