In general, you'll be able to book Queensland Rail Travel services up to 325 days in advance.
Bookings cannot be completed online on the day of travel within 2 hours of the services departure time from the requested joining station. Restrictions also apply for booking on services in motion that travel overnight. Other restrictions also apply such as short sectors and in some cases advance booking restrictions may apply.
All travel options (Excluding First Class and Economy Single Sleepers on The Spirit of the Outback) for the following customer types can be booked online:
Adult (A-Choice or B-Quick, E-Now Fare Types)
Children (Excluding children not accompanied by an adult) Please call us to book a free seat for Infants 0-3 years
Selected Promotional Discounts
Australian Pensioners and Senior Card Holders
Customer with Disabilities who require special assistance
(wheelchair, vision impaired etc.)
and Employee Pass Holders
Cargo Bookings for Bicycles or Surfboards
Making online booking
Make sure you have the following with you before starting to book online:
- an e-mail address to receive your ticket
- a printer to print your ticket
- your credit card if you intend to use it to pay (We accept Visa and MasterCard credit cards)
- your concession ID if you are booking a concession fare
Search for services and fares
- Complete the booking form, entering the Leaving from and Going to stations.
- Enter the departure date, leaving the time as Any Time.
- Enter the number of adults and children travelling.
- Enter the number of males and females for adults and children (exclude infants from this count).
- Infants are aged 0-3 years inclusive and travel free of charge, receiving their own seat next to an accompanying adult. These infant bookings cannot be made online so please call us on 1800 872 467.
- There is a limit of 1 free infant seat per adult. Infants cannot travel as sharing a seat on our services.
- Click “Search” to progress
- If any of the travellers in the group are entitled to Student or Backpacker fares please go straight to the “Advanced Search” button to proceed.
In the “Advanced Search” screen, input the number of Concession customers then select the Type and Sub Type from the available selections in the drop down list.
- Input the ID Number (Student card number or Backpacker membership number (or the Country listed on the passport and passport number)
- Add in the First Name and Last Name. Do not enter anything into the Concession Code field or a discount fare won't be generated. Then select "Search"
Other types of Concession Fares or special requirement bookings cannot be made using our online booking system so please complete our
booking request form. This form will be submitted by email to the Queensland Rail Travel Reservations Team for response.
The available options for departure times, class of travel, connections and fares will be displayed. You can browse for services for the previous and following days and view the Fare Details and Fare Rules. Select a service and class of travel for forward and return journeys. Select Add to Cart. Either Continue Shopping or Checkout.
Log in to a Registered User Account or Register as a New User
To progress to payment, a consumer profile needs to be completed for new users. If a profile already exists, the user logs in with their account name and password.
Enter the traveller names into the Passenger Info tab and select Apply to save these changes. Select View Details to check the travel details.
Add the credit card information to pay for the booking.
Receive confirmation and print your ticket
The booking number and travel details will display on the screen. We'll also send you a copy by e-mail.
To ensure delivery, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts or address book. If you don't receive the email in your inbox, please check your Spam or Junk Mail folders.
You must print the travel voucher that is emailed out and carry it throughout your journey as this is your travel documentation.
Modifications and cancellation of bookings made online cannot be processed online. Please contact us on 1300 131 722 to make any changes to the booking.
Information about the fees, terms and conditions that apply if you change or cancel your travel plans can be viewed in our Fare Types.
We work to protect the security of your personal and credit card information collected during online booking by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you enter.
Before you enter personal or credit card details, check the bottom right of your browser window, or the address bar at the top, and make sure you can see a security icon. This icon is a small padlock on common browsers including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Chrome.
If you need further assistance, please call us on 1300 131 722 during our business hours of 7.00 am to 7.00 pm, 7 days a week. (Australian EST). If calling from outside Australia our contact is +61 7 3606 6630.