Queensland Rail Travel is committed to ensuring that our customers and staff are safe and secure at all times.
There are a few things you can do to make sure your trip is hassle-free:
- Take care when moving through the train. Please ensure that you utilise the grab rails and seat backs where provided as the train may move unexpectedly.
- Beware of closing doors as you walk through the train.
- Take care when boarding and disembarking from the train. Mind the gap between the train and the platform.
- Do not leave your children or persons in your care unattended.
- Hold hands with young children when on platforms, escalators and when boarding or exiting the train. At stations and platforms always keep hold of prams and wheelchairs and apply the brakes when stationary.
- Listen to announcements. Throughout the journey regular announcements will be made by Onboard Staff.
- Keep aisles clear of luggage. Store personal items in overhead luggage racks.
- Keep luggage and personal items with you at all times and never leave unattended on the train or at stations.
- Keep your head, arms and legs clear of aisles when seated.
- While travelling, move your legs and feet for 3 to 4 minutes every hour while seated and move about the carriage occasionally.
- Use specifically provided cups with lids and carry trays when consuming hot beverages.
- We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcohol to any passenger. While on board the train, you may not drink any alcohol that was not purchased from this service.
- Do not attempt to exit a moving train.
No smoking on the trains or at the stations
If you have any concerns please ask our staff for assistance.
At Queensland Rail Travel your safety is important to us. Our refreshed onboard safety video provides an overview of the safety requirements when travelling aboard Queensland Rail Travel long distance services. We encourage our customers to view this video prior to travelling with us.