Tilt Train Scheduled Maintenance Program
From 4 September 2017, our customers can look forward to a number of improvements as a result of the major overhaul project for the Tilt Trains. The mid-life overhaul of the two Tilt Trains, includes upgrades to key mechanical components and internal refurbishments.
As part of Queensland Rail’s commitment to maintaining our high standards of safety, reliability and comfort on board, the scheduled maintenance program will deliver the following enhancements:
- A significant overhaul of the train's mechanical systems, electrical and safety systems to meet the latest in industry standards and support the remaining life of the trains
- Maintain the safety and reliability of the Electric Tilt Trains
- Modern, attractive and refreshed new interiors - brand new seat covers and foam support, soft furnishings including carpet, curtains and floor coverings.
The Electric Tilt Train is our flagship commuter service, annually, the trains travel approximately 350,000km to connect communities from Brisbane to Bundaberg and Rockhampton and have travelled more than five million kilometres since their introduction in 1998.
This planned major overhaul will not only allow us to ensure the long-term reliability of the service but will deliver improved customer features to enhance overall customer satisfaction and help encourage even more people to use the service.
- Engineered to meet the latest industry standards and support the remaining life of the train
- Maintain the safety of the Electric Tilt trains
- Maintain the reliability of the Electric Tilt trains
- Ensure that the Electric Tilt trains have the potential to achieve a full 30-year design life
- Ensure that the Electric Tilt trains meet customers' requirements and expectations
Safety & Environment Standards Compliance
- 15-year electrical insulation resistance tests / inspection / repair
- Brake system - remove / overhaul / test / re-commissioning
- Traction system - remove / overhaul / test / re-commissioning
- Couplers and draft gear overhaul - remove / overhaul / test / re-commissioning
- Inter-car canopies
- Domestic inverters, contactors, cabling and anaconda cabling and other miscellaneous items replaced
Customer Service Enhancements
- Overhaul seating including brand new seat covers and foam support
- Replace soft furnishings including carpet, curtains and vinyl floor coverings
- Improve galley functionality
New Timetable effective 4 September 2017 minor changes
The Diesel Replacement Train will finish service and the second refurbished Tilt Train will return. Both Tilt Trains will operate the same timetable
There will be a reintroduction of the 4.55pm service departing Brisbane and travelling through to Rockhampton on Tuesday and Sunday evenings
- Depart Brisbane at 11.00am daily (except Wednesdays) arriving into Rockhampton at 6.45pm.
- Depart Brisbane at 4.55pm on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday arriving into Bundaberg at 9.25pm
- Depart Brisbane at 4.55pm on Tuesday and Sunday arriving into Rockhampton at 12.30am the next day.
- Depart Rockhampton at 7.10am daily arriving into Brisbane at 2.50pm.
- Depart Bundaberg at 5.15am on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday arriving into Brisbane at 9.55am.
- Please review the new
timetable for the most up to date information.